Friday, October 2, 2020

You and me by Nicola Rayner

 

3.5 stars

This was my first novel by the author and found it interesting as the description and cover caught my attention.

It started at a moderate pace and I was confused as of what I was reading but powering through; it picks up and some puzzle pieces are finding their place in the big picture.

I was interested to see what truly transpired, what precisely Fran sees in the tube scene, if it was unquestionably that or, as we know, sometimes in shock cases, our mind is playing up and will show only what we want to see, like a safety blanket.

I couldn’t get close to any character, more so I just didn’t admire Fran, not even felt sorry for her, it was just something that I couldn’t get out of her, always lonely and strange behaviour, always so... strange plus the stalking obsession is not for me at all.

As a thriller, the story is compelling and an excellent one with many twists and turns that many people will appreciate, but wistfully I wasn’t sold on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promises at Indigo Bay by Ellyn Oaksmith

  Description Things are finally working out for  Stella Gallagher . Underwhelmed by all the uninspiring men in her small town who she’s kno...