Sunday, October 25, 2020

These violent delights by Chloe Gong

 


A retelling of Romeo and Juliet, but more darkly and mysteriously. 

I was captivated by this story from the beginning to the end. The heroine is nothing like Juliet, she’s more strong, smart and opinionated, she’s a fighter and knows what exactly she wants and how to get it. 

Overall, the story seems quite a dark historical rivalry between two gangs of powerful characters and it reminded me about Gangs of New York especially since it’s set in 1920 but in Shanghai and this adds even more to the story as I haven’t read or know much about their culture. 

I enjoyed it, the suspenseful moments and interaction are great and the writing is very good and easy to follow. I’m looking forward to reading more by the author and I recommend this book to anyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Promises at Indigo Bay by Ellyn Oaksmith

  Description Things are finally working out for  Stella Gallagher . Underwhelmed by all the uninspiring men in her small town who she’s kno...