Friday, October 2, 2020

The minders by John Marrs

 

Description

 Five strangers guard our secrets. Only four can be trusted… In the 21st century, information is king. But computers can be hacked and files can be broken into – so a unique government initiative has been born. Five ordinary people have been selected to become Minders – the latest weapon in thwarting cyberterrorism. Transformed by a revolutionary medical procedure, the country's most classified information has been taken offline and turned into genetic code implanted inside their heads. Together, the five know every secret – the truth behind every government lie, conspiracy theory and cover up. In return, they’re given the chance to leave their problems behind and a blank slate to start their lives anew. But not everyone should be trusted, especially when they each have secrets of their own they’ll do anything to protect…


   

 4.5 stars

 I must admit that I was confused by this story, but only because I haven’t read the other books that are tied to this story. Saying that, I think it can still be read as a standalone, even if most of the characters are making appearances elsewhere. I found the story compelling and interesting, there are many things that for me felt very unrealistic but also made me think of how much I know about new tech and new inventions and research, obviously that not much. Page after page, something new happened and my interest and fear of waiting for the shoe to drop was increased as well. Twisted and gripping, this is another must read thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promises at Indigo Bay by Ellyn Oaksmith

  Description Things are finally working out for  Stella Gallagher . Underwhelmed by all the uninspiring men in her small town who she’s kno...