Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Holmes and the Ripper of Whitechapel by MK Wiseman

 




 Description 

(214 pages)

I am afraid that I, Sherlock Holmes, must act as my own chronicler in this singular case, that of the Whitechapel murders of 1888. For the way in which the affair was dropped upon my doorstep left me with little choice as to the contrary. Not twelve months prior, the siren's call of quiet domesticity and married life had robbed me of Watson's assistance as both partner and recorder of my cases. Thus, when detective inspector Lestrade of Scotland Yard required a lead--any lead--I found myself forced to pursue Jack the Ripper alone and without the aid of my faithful friend. And all for the most damnedable of reasons:

Early on in my investigations, Dr. John H. Watson, formerly of 221b Baker Street, emerged as my prime suspect.

My review 


Who’s your all-time favourite character? 


Mine, without a doubt, it’s Sherlock Holmes. Over the years I’ve read and seen most of the books available with his character as a protagonist and I enjoyed them immensely. 

When I had the opportunity to read and review Sherlock Holmes and The Ripper of Whitechapel by M.K. Wiseman, I couldn’t let this one pass and read it in one sitting. 

I found it very interesting and intriguing because this time, his best friend and confidant, Dr Watson, was the primary suspect in a series of murders that he took upon to solve. 

I enjoyed this suspenseful story, especially because it made him more human and reliable, all his conflicted feelings about everything and his well-known gut intuition saved the day again as expected. 

A must-read for sure. 

It’s suspenseful, dark and sometimes gruesome but so worth the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Promises at Indigo Bay by Ellyn Oaksmith

  Description Things are finally working out for  Stella Gallagher . Underwhelmed by all the uninspiring men in her small town who she’s kno...