Friday, October 30, 2020

The betrayals by Bridget Collins

 



The biding is a well known and hyped book and The Betrayals will be the same because many readers, including me, enjoyed the debut novel of the author.

I was so happy when I received an arc for this book and I Am very grateful to the publisher for it.

I haven’t read many fantasies/dystopian books so i didn’t exactly knew what to expect from this one, but I’m happy that i’ve chosen it because it’s a book that stays with me for sure.

The world building here is so well done that at times i felt like being there with the characters and the author has the power through her words to keep me engaged from the first page to the last.

 Even if not everything made sense for me and was confused or had to reread certain passages just to make sure that I’ve read that correctly, even if i have an aversion of rats, even if there are so many unanswered question, this book is a must read.

Told in now and then, so many lies and secrets, so many what ifs and why and how, the mystery of this story is so engaging that i hope we will have more in the future because it deserves more. 

The romance is a side story but a great one in my opinion because the author has fleshed two beautiful souls with all the ugly truth and what not in between and i loved the thoughts and so many feelings and emotions, in a world full of lies and decisiveness


No comments:

Post a Comment

Promises at Indigo Bay by Ellyn Oaksmith

  Description Things are finally working out for  Stella Gallagher . Underwhelmed by all the uninspiring men in her small town who she’s kno...