Monday, October 19, 2020

Dead Perfect by Noelle Holten


🌟🌟🌟🌟💫

Mystery and crime 

One more chapter/Harper Collins UK


https://amzn.to/2HeU3yT


 Dead Perfect is my first book by the author and although it’s the third in the series, I don’t think I’ve missed much because the author has made a good job in the character development throughout this book and we can easily see what kind of person is our main heroine, DC Maggie Jamieson. 


A smart and quirky detective, very determined to catch the killer’s and also very sympathetic friend, especially with her long-time partner in crime, Kate. 


The book starts off slow for me but it picks up quick and it’s interesting to see how such a gruesome incident is becoming more than her job to put an end but it gets personal as her past and present are challenged and there are moments when she doubts herself . 

There are many twists, some predictable, some a bit unrealistically for me and some unexpected moments that kept me guessing and wanting to know more and see how everything will unfold. 

Because of the way the crimes were committed, my mind was immediately transported to an older CIS episode that I remember so vividly after over ten years since I’ve seen it first because it felt creepy and to read something similar gave me goosebumps. 

Overall, it’s a good mystery and crime story that many people will enjoy.

Many thanks to the publisher for my review copy through NetGalley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Promises at Indigo Bay by Ellyn Oaksmith

  Description Things are finally working out for  Stella Gallagher . Underwhelmed by all the uninspiring men in her small town who she’s kno...